[OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers (was Re: Epson Print Ac

Subject: [OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers (was Re: Epson Print Academy Online Experience))
From: "Michael R. Collins" <Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:50:57 -0500
>  How old are you now (you can skip this part if you wish!) :)

53

>  And (more importantly) how old were you when you bough your first OM,
>  and what was it?

25. Spring of 1976; a few weeks before heading off on a 26-day trip
to Japan and China I knew I needed something better than my
Instamatic; gravitated to the OM series as it was relatively small
and light; bought an OM-1 [S/N 656xxx] with 50/1.8, 28/3.5, 135/2.8,
and Vivitar 2x. Quickly shot one roll B&W, one roll colour print, one
roll colour slide; had them processed; decided I was at least
competent at snapshots; shot about 30 rolls of KR135-36 on the trip,
posted them off to Kodak in Toronto; when I got home to Montreal
after stops in Hawaii and California I had an amazing array of slides
I was happy with. Love-in with K64 continued until I switched to B&W
prints a few years ago (Delta 100 & 400, or FP4/HP5 for "practice"
shooting).

Michael

P.S. Sudden flashback to Anchorage-Tokyo segment of the flight.
In-flight movie was "Jaws", started after we were safely out over the
Pacific. Do they do this on purpose :-) ?

--

Michael R. Collins  ...  Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toronto, Ontario, Canada