[OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers (was Re: Epson Print Ac

Subject: [OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers (was Re: Epson Print Academy...
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:24:56 -0500
On Friday February 20 2004 11:47 am, you wrote:
> In a message dated 2/20/2004 10:37:07 AM Central Standard Time,
> jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> How old are you now (you can skip this part if you wish!) :)

43

> And (more importantly) how old were you when you bough your first OM,
> and what was it?

I bought an OM10 in 87 with a 50mm F1.8 and and a 75-150mm zoom, I used it for
a while until I dropped it with the zoom in a swamp at 0deg F. The camera
survived the lens didn't. A couple of years later I bought another OM10 with
an outfit that included a 28-48 zoom another 50mm and a 75-300mm zoom. I
still have the two zooms. The camera I gave to a youngster that had an
interest in photography. Three years ago I decided I wanted to have a "real
camera". I liked the feel of the OM10 but not the lack of controls. I looked
at Nik*n and Can*n, decided I already owned part of a "Real" camera system
discovered, ebay and this list and what can I say. I can stop any time.
Really I can