[OM] The death of film has been delayed...

Subject: [OM] The death of film has been delayed...
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:52:27 -0500
While I generally agree with Stephen (I'm in the commercial/industrial
business, and digital hasen't penetrated that world like it has in his), I was
surprised as I watched the TV special on the shooting of the SI swimsuit
edition. I was, of course, doing photo research only.

I don't think I saw a single camera that wasn't an RB67 or a Pentax 6x7. Now I
know that those cameras have been long favorites of fashion shooters, but I
really thought at the very least, the full frame Canon would have taken over
this area by now.

I can only assume that the people shooting this have their own special ways of
rating and processing to get specific effects.

I was also surprised to see the RB67 used handheld. We did that at the airplane
factory, and it was quite the experience.

Bill Pearce