[OM] Re: DC/DSLR decisions was one more for the bokeh pile

Subject: [OM] Re: DC/DSLR decisions was one more for the bokeh pile
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:03:47 -0800
There really is very little difference in the image quality among the
6MP cameras. The differences are mainly handling and features. If you
want to use that OM adaptor the EOS Rebel is the way to go. Do not buy
it with the lens package. It will not fit on any other Canon.

If you are open to models that will not take the adaptor I think
handling them yourself is really worthwhile. I really liked the Pentax
and the Nikon D100(which I bought). The D70 which should be in the
stores in a couple of weeks "outfeatures" the D100 and is only $100
more than the 300D whose features were crippled somewhat by Canon in
the software not to compete the the 10D. The lens in the package is
lots nicer too with built in focus motor and will be a standard lens in
their line-up.

Preview:   http://www.dpreview.com/articles/nikond70/
Review:    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/
300D Forum:     http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1031