[OM] Re: The death of film has been delayed...

Subject: [OM] Re: The death of film has been delayed...
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:35:20 -0800
I too in the interest of Photography was watching the Swim suit specials
and noticed that the majority of the cameras were rb or rz 6x7's but the
one that covered this years edition had one of the photographers shooting
as they said All digital.  Please don't tell my wife I was watching the
camera equipment I told her it was for the swimsuit models.  She knows that
I could not afford those.

John Gettis

business, and digital hasen't penetrated that world like it has in his), I
was surprised as I watched the TV special on the shooting of the SI
swimsuit edition. I was, of course, doing photo research only.

> I don't think I saw a single camera that wasn't an RB67 or a Pentax 6x7.
Now I know that those cameras have been long favorites of fashion shooters,
but I really thought at the very least, the full frame Canon would have
taken over this area by now.

> I can only assume that the people shooting this have their own special
ways of rating and processing to get specific effects.

> I was also surprised to see the RB67 used handheld. We did that at the
airplane factory, and it was quite the experience.