[OM] Re: The death of film has been delayed...

Subject: [OM] Re: The death of film has been delayed...
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:01:52 -0500
>I don't understand.  If you've sent the lab a digital image you've saved
>them the scan.

No, no. If I shoot film, I don't do any thing but send the film to the lab, and
write a check. that's it. Anything else, more complicated, and hard to bill.
Clients don't want to pay you for the time you spend behind the computer, but
will pay excessively marked up lab costs with a smile.

Some of you without commercial experience may not understand that, for
instance, a roll of chrome is billed to the client at a minimum of $20-25
dollars. Unprocessed. I know its a scam, and the client probably knows as well,
but that's how you make a living.

Now, imagine this. You get the same day or hourly rate. You do all the post
work, and net less than before.

I did read about someone that had software that metered mouse clicks. he billed
something like 35 cents a click. It worked for him.

Bill Pearce