[OM] Re: considering a printer purchase

Subject: [OM] Re: considering a printer purchase
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 07:19:53 +0000
LIkewise, I have an Epson Stylus Photo 1290 and its output is excellent
(5 colours + black).  I have had photos up in a corridor (not full
sunlight, but on the south side of the house) for a year now and there
seems to have been no fading.

MInd you, I still use my 1998 Epson Stylus Photo 750 (4 colours +
black) and that works extremely well as well.

Chris

On 21 Feb 2004, at 23:18, Moose wrote:

> I haven't kept up that last year, but up 'till then, Canon had serious
> problems with fading and color shifts. (Lurid headline on cheap news
> print, "Good Prints That Went Bad!".) Dry Creek's tests are a year old
> and may be dated now if Canon has changed their inks, but were quite
> informative <http://www.drycreekphoto.com/PrintTest/PrintTest.htm> .
> There is a lot of good info about longevity, but no firm conclusions,
> in
> Mastering Digital Printing by Harald Johnson, which is a wonderful
> resource in general. There are lots of tests/reviews around, do some
> surfing.
>
> I'm quite pleased with my Epson 1270. It's old technology by now but,
> oddly enough, still makes great prints.
>
> Moose.

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker