[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #44

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #44
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:48:07 -0800
>From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus vs Digital
>Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 07:51:32 +0000
>

>John
>
>I see myself using my G5 for snapshots, and for checking before using
>my OM stuff - checking for interest, framing, lighting etc... I think
>that digital is invaluable for the immediacy of results, not
>necessarily for that quality.  I have taken some pleasing shots with
>the G5 though... as a matter of interest, I find the RAW output
>difficult to adjust (skies a little magenta?).
>
>All in all, using a digital compact should improve my film photography
>- something like Stephen was saying.

I find the instant feedback from trying things to be invaluable; it
carries over to any kind of photography you want to do, either in the
next frame or in the future. I think that the value comes in in that
it gets you to thinking....the interactive process of reviewing your
images right away keeps your mind going, and that can't but help your
work overall.

-Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!