[OM] Re: How old were you?

Subject: [OM] Re: How old were you?
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:24:00 -0000
My first OM item was the 38mm f/3.5 macro lens in September 1975, when I was
27, followed by the 20mm f/3.5 macro in January 1976.  At first I used them
on a custom-made adapter with a bellows and Mirex Laborec (a microscope
camera from Miranda - the mirror moved up slowly as the cable release was
pressed).

Then in April 1979 I persuaded my employers to buy an OM-1 with bellows,
macro stand and 20mm, 38mm and 80mm manual macro lenses.  I was trying to
take lots of slides of insects for a training course, and I was supposed to
use a very expensive Wild M5 stereo microscope and Wild camera attachment,
but the results were nowhere near the quality I was getting at home with my
Zuiko macro lenses.

After using an OM at work, I had to buy one for myself, and I bought an OM-2
and 50mm f/3.5 macro in the same month.

I have not yet managed to break the Olympus habit - I bought a BH-2
trinocular microscope at the end of last year, and now I am looking for the
photomicro adapters and NFK eyepieces.  I am selling my Mamiya RB67 outfit
to fund a stereo microscope.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/ (macro, under development)