[OM] Re: camera recommendations please

Subject: [OM] Re: camera recommendations please
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:52:19 +0100

Dream on Mark - this is technology from the dark ages.  John H probably has
to solder resistors in place of pot twiddling!
br
jez

                      Mark Dapoz

                      <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx         To:      olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

                      >                        cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject: [OM] Re: camera
recommendations please
                      olympus-owner@ml

                      .free.fr

                      23/02/2004 15:44

                      Please respond

                      to olympus

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, John Hermanson wrote:

> T and Ti are identical except for top cover markings.  CE versions have
no
> pots for adjusting meter, high shutter speeds, auto exposure.

Isn't that a good thing since all the setting are stored in non-volatile
memory?  Pots tend to oxidise and change values over time.  I would expect
the CE circuit to be more reliable in the long term.
                                                             -mark