[OM] Re: camera recommendations please

Subject: [OM] Re: camera recommendations please
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:12:23 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dream on Mark - this is technology from the dark ages.  John H probably has
> to solder resistors in place of pot twiddling!

Not neccessarily.  The 3Ti circuit uses non-volatile memory to save all
the settings for the meter (no pots or resistors to swap).  I believe the
3Ti and the 4Ti CE circuit came out at about the same time so it's quite
possible that both use the same basic design.  It would make sense from a
production point of view to use the same circuit in both cameras.  I've
never seen the 4Ti CE circuit repair manual so all this is just pure
speculation (and I'm not about to open up my 3Ti and 4Ti CE to check :-)
                                -mark