[OM] Re: camera recommendations please

Subject: [OM] Re: camera recommendations please
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:41:08 +0100

I'm awestruck - and we think of the OM-3 as the mechanical one...!
thanks, we learn every day!
jez

                      Mark Dapoz

                      <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx         To:      olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

                      >                        cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject: [OM] Re: camera
recommendations please
                      olympus-owner@ml

                      .free.fr

                      23/02/2004 17:27

                      Please respond

                      to olympus

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> How does the test machinery communicate with the 3ti? (I don't see any
data
> port...)

Under the front left leatherette are three contact points.  Shorting one of
the points to the case puts the circuit in diagnostics mode.  From there
the 3Ti is self calibrating since only the meter needs to be calibrated
(speeds are mechanically controlled).  There are a series of steps to go
through which involves using a 50mm f1.8 lens along with a calibrated light
source.  The body makes the necessary calculations to match the body's
photocell and amplifier to the reference light source.  No special
diagnostic
tool is needed (quite ingenious if you ask me).
                                                 -mark