[OM] Re: OT New York Times Photo

Subject: [OM] Re: OT New York Times Photo
From: whunter <whunterjr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:57:24 -0500
Tris -
To each, their own......
Obviously this photo falls in the photojounalism category rather than
the artistic category.  To me, the photo communicates ambience without
contrivance in the natural setting.  If you double click on the
'enlarge' image button, you will download the same with far greater
detail.  As for shadow detail,  charm is captured in the flat lighting
and reflections of a marsh.

Many wonderful photos capture the image as illustrated on this List.  I
sent this to Carlos Santisteban Salinas who has shared his quest and
abilities relevant to capturing essence, not just beauty in photos.
The latest Swimsuit issue is a masterpiece of beauty photographed.
Scenic photos of landscapes, marshes and people abound.  I liked this
Marsh Arab photo as more than just another picture of the world around
us and posted to the List for those so interested.  I could elaborate
on proportions and perspective to achieve the image, but to those who
so feel, the ambience says it all.
Regards,
Bill