[OM] Re: OT How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippers

Subject: [OM] Re: OT How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippers
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:11:00 -0700
I look at these long lists of equipment and think about a couple I know that
have won many juried photo art contests. They use cheap little manual focus
cameras with normal lenses. I forget what brand, but not high quality stuff.
Taking good quality pictures that meet the needs of your audience is much
more about the skill of the photographer than the equipment. Special
equipment will let you get some pictures that would not be possible without
it but good images are possible with minimal equipment. Being innovative
with simple tools is an art form in itself. Dylan, you are wise to covet the
Zuiko 85mm. It's a beauty.  /jmac