[OM] Re: Camera Quandary - OM vs. N*kon vs L*ica

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Quandary - OM vs. N*kon vs L*ica
From: gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:08:07 -0600
here's my biased take:

Get the -4Ti and F280 - the fill flash is worth it.  This is also great for use
with the 50/1.2.  there is a unique quality to this lens that I enjoy.  I never
use it wide open as it licks.

Keep the MP and 35/2 as you won't find much better for that FL and casual
shooting style.

For portraits I would think about an 85/2 as it is quite small and light and a
great performer above f4.

The 24 shift is essential for us architectural types as converging lines can
make us sick.  However, since it is a family thing I suspect you won't have
much time to wander and observe buildings.  Even though my wife is an architect
also we never get an opportunity to tour buildings when on holiday - family
comes first.

Honestly, I would just take the MP and 35/2 and concentrate on the subject at
hand: family.