[OM] Re: OT How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersna

Subject: [OM] Re: OT How many cameras? WAS Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnap...
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:11:52 -0500
I will be 55 next month.  (All Zuikoholics invited to the party; BYOZ, I'll
supply wine.)
I bought my first OM in about 1974 or 75 after having cut my baby teeth on a
Konica C-35v (zone focus) and having handled an OM-1 belongirg to my
photagraphy teacher.  I got a grey market (Hong Kong) OM1 w/ ag-nose 50 1.8.  I
didn't like doing grey market, but was dirt-poor in those days.

That original non-MD body died after being forced to get cozy with a rock in a
streambed.  It didn't get wet, but was dented near the back latch, and it was
downhill from there for that body.

Currently:  (from memory)

1- OM-1 md chrome
1- OM-2 chrome
1- OM-2 black
1- OM-2n chrome

(some in need of CLA)

Zuikos
1- 21mm f2
2- 35mm f2.8 (1 needs CLA)
3- 50mm f1.8 (orig. ag-nose, mc, miJ)
1- 50mm f1.4
1- 100mm f2.8
1-  300mm f4.5

Other:
Varimagni
Auto Bellows

Non-Zuiko:
Tokina "Special" 70-150 f3.5 (?) ...
  btw, does anyone know about Tokina "Special"  lenses?  l bouqht it mail
order, probably from Cambridge.  It's sharp and contrasty as I recall.  Maybe a
special purchase for mail-order companies?

1- Rollei E36 RE flash (needs new battery...help!)
2- Vivitar 283
1- Minolta Autometer IIIF
1- Soiigor 1deq Spotmeter (dea
Non-SLR:
Oly 35 Auto
Oly 35sp  (love how this camera feels in the hand.)
Oly  XA w/A11 flash
Minolta Hi-Matic 7s
Konica C-3
Toyo 45F
Fujinon
     90mm
   150mm
    400mm
various T and reverse adapters

Mostiy I am interested in reviving my B&W work  I'll need to either
reconstitute a darkroom (space problem) or get a good scnner and printer...
apparently w/RIP.

Earl