[OM] back again

Subject: [OM] back again
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:59:58 -0400

I'm back, having been gone to Bolivia for most of this month. Had a great
trip and brought back a bunch of pictures.

I just got a chance today to look at the last TOPE, and there are some great
pictures there.

We were on the move a lot in Bolivia, so a lot of my pictures were taken
with an Olympus RC (slides), and the MJU 2.8 (prints). I took only the OM2s
for an slr, and it worked perfectly. Only once did it lock up with dead
batteries, and I had extras of course. Obviously the shutter release must
have been pushed in the luggage sometime.(  I don't bother with the red
settings) Almost all pics with the 2s were taken with 35mm and 50mm lens,
and a vivitar 17mm. I never had the 28mm on the camera. I wished I had taken
the 100mm.

For slide film I ran Kodak Elitechrome 100 EC. Got back 8 rolls of it today,
and I am very happy with the results. For prints I used Fuji 200, and picked
up some Agfa Vista 100 in Bolivia. Agfa seems to be popular there. It was a
new film for me, but gave excellent results. All films were scanned multiple
times in the airports in Bolivia, US and Canada (in carry-on luggage), but I
can see no fogging at all.

We were mostly at 10 to 11 thousand foot altitude, so I used an 81a and 81b
filter quite a bit to counter the UV bluish effect, and it seemed to work
very well. The things I've learned on this list the last couple of years
really helped me a lot to bring back the pics I wanted. Now I have to put
together a slide show for this Sunday.

Wayne Culberson