[OM] Re: Beware: Another scam Paypal message

Subject: [OM] Re: Beware: Another scam Paypal message
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:40:58 -0800
Both my wife and I receive similar queries, and my mailbox has been
inundated with this stuff for some time, though it seems to have increased
just the past several weeks. My first line of defense is the spam catcher
provided by Earthlink. I've tried to alert those good people as to what's
going on, one of these messages purporting to be from Earthlink support
itself! but apparently without sparking the least interest (to judge by the
feedback, zero, I've received from Earthlink).

Go figure. I wonder how much Mr. and Mrs. Smith lose annually to these
schemes. I also wonder what exactly is going on "out there' these days, why
"no one" seems to care very much one way or the other, and what this
portends for tomorrow.

An ill wind blows and all that.

Tris