[OM] Re: OM-2 vs. OM-2n (WAS: olympus Digest V1 #46)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2 vs. OM-2n (WAS: olympus Digest V1 #46)
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:23:50 -0500
I wouldn't say that either are that hard to find. I have three (for the
three bodies that take them). eBay has plenty flowing through it, you could
even just buy a body take the shoe off and then resell the body if you were
that desperate.

I have taken to storing shoes of camera since I rarely use the flash when
out and about. If I am going to use flash I know it in advance. I have a
basic flash with me most of the time for emergency use and the right shoe
for the body in question. I sort the shoes off camera in clear film
canisters, which are a perfect fit for two shoes BTW. By doing that they are
I think they are less likely to develop the cracking.

I like you do wish that some engineering minded soul would take to making
them in metal. I suspect that it would be rather expensive as it would be
necessary to machine a metal version of the plastic part of the shoe and
then retro fit the other components from either a good or cracked shoe. It
is likely to not be cost effective at the moment with so many good shoes out
there. When the time comes someone will do it but for now it would be a
labor of love.

Dan S.

From: "Fernando Gonzalez Gentile" <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>