[OM] Re: (No To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [OM] Re: (No To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
From: Humbert Humbert <0humbert0humbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:57:52 -0600
Absolutely. The old-timers we met in Austin still spoke Alsatian,
which is indeed a dialect of German. BTW, they were still annoyed at a
French TV crew that had insisted on treating them as 'French.' No way.
And not Germans either. They even have their own laws in some areas
like separation of church and state, which are not the usual laws of
the republic (something connected to the last three French-German
wars). While we're at it, one of the big companies in Texas,
Schlumberger, was founded by two Alsatians.

Phil