[OM] Re: OM-2 vs. OM-2n (WAS: olympus Digest V1 #46)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2 vs. OM-2n (WAS: olympus Digest V1 #46)
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:34:13 -0800
on 2/27/04 7:23 AM, Daniel Sepke at fred42@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I like you do wish that some engineering minded soul would take to making
> them in metal. I suspect that it would be rather expensive as it would be
> necessary to machine a metal version of the plastic part of the shoe and
> then retro fit the other components from either a good or cracked shoe. It
> is likely to not be cost effective at the moment with so many good shoes out
> there. When the time comes someone will do it but for now it would be a
> labor of love.
>
> Dan S.

One point about the cracked shoes... if the shoe were more solid, the same
force that now cracks it might be passed on to the camera top, causing a
dent... the tops are thin sheet brass, chromed or painted. I've seen other
brands of cameras where the shoe had been ripped right out of the cover by
some kind of impact or torque on a mounted flash. Without the shoe the OM-1
and OM-2's have a neat and elegant profile, too.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...