[OM] Re: OM1n/ 2n/ spot

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1n/ 2n/ spot
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:46:42 -0800
on 2/27/04 10:19 PM, Parzival Herzog at parzp@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have a question w.r.t. reason (2). If the 2s mirror is half-silvered, does
> it not reduce the V.F. brightness by 1 stop, which would then be compensated
> for by the 2/3 stop brighter screen, leading to a net "no difference" in
> viewfinder brightness from the OM1/2?
>

> --
> Parzival Herzog

OM-2s mirror is only 'partially silvered' in the area related to the
meter... same with the OM-4 and OM-3 I think. Therefore there is a slight
difference in the brightness of the middle area of the screen, which I think
otherwise would be the brightest and is toned down to be more evenly matched
to the edges and corners. I've never noticed any uneven illumination in any
of the OM-2s, OM-4, or OM-3 bodies I've looked into.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...