[OM] Re: series 1 19-35/3.5-4.5

Subject: [OM] Re: series 1 19-35/3.5-4.5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:47:10 -0800
How interesting!! I didn't remember mine having an aperture that went
the other way. Surely I would have noticed. So I got it out of the bag.
And it doesn't!!

I have in front of me a Vivitar Series 1 19-35/3.5-4.5 lens.
The front is the same as the front in the Vivitar pic posted below.
The barrel is identical to the picture of the Phoenix including the
direction of aperture ring movement and right down to rubber ring
pattern and color of all the markings. The only exception is it doesn't
have the added green "A" to the left of the "22", and button to the left
of that and has different, shiny chrome part immediately behind the
aperture ring. I believe these differences a simply because it is for a
different camera mount.

In any case, it is a Vivitar and the aperture ring works the same as on
a Zuiko.

What's going on with the B&H photo I sure don't know, but I can't
believe they would tool up to produce 2 different aperture ring
directions just to rebrand, especially after selling at least one that
is the  same. I'll sent pics to any serious sceptics.

Moose