[OM] Inteligent OM adapter was Re: Sigma lenses

Subject: [OM] Inteligent OM adapter was Re: Sigma lenses
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:13:15 -0500
Very true point John. And given we have seen some pictures of Nikon film
lenses used on an E1 and that we have just seen some from the official OM-E1
adapter I would think that someone is going to do it. I would guess it will
be either it will be copy of the Olympus unit or a machined lump style like
the Nikon one recently posted. It may come from a small company or a large
but if there are clearly enough people who want to pay the likely $150 price
(not that I know that it will be that just that is likely the most people
would pay).

What I have to wonder if it is possible to make an 'intelligent' adapter
that mates to the Four Thirds electronics contacts. With the ability to read
the aperture setting and activate it for fully open metering.
Programmability to what lens you are using would be a nice feature. From the
pictures we have seen It looks like there is about 7mm of room between
mounts to do this in. Of course it would be more expensive than a stop down
version but no doubt doable all the same.

Anyway back to my dreaming and that next cup of coffee.

Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skip, I KNOW the lenses are cheap :-)>  The point I was making is that if a
third party is making lenses to fit the Om system surely it is only a small
step for them them to manufacture OM to E-1 Adapter ? Regards, John Duggan
:-)>