[OM] Re: OT: How many cameras?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: How many cameras?
From: Mark_Jennings@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:35:58 -0500
Jeff,

I actually was wrong when I posted my list of stuff.  I have a Zuiko 1.4xa
and a Tamron 2x flat field, not the Tamron 1.4x.  I just got confused.  I
can tell you the Zuiko 1.4Xa works wonderfully with the Tamron 400/4.
Outstanding I would say.  I just recently purchased the Tamron 2x and
haven't used it so I cannot comment on it yet.  But I expect it to work
well with the Tamron 400.  I'll try it on the Zuiko 350 also.

I know I'm being redundant with lenses.  But there was originally a method
to my madness.  But being a Zuikoholic, it is difficult to give up the
habit.  My 350/2.8 is in pristine condition.  It is also very heavy.  It
produces outstanding images with a beautiful look that is difficult to
describe.  My problem is, I like to photograph wildlife.  Shooting and
traveling conditions are often less than perfect, and the lens spends some
time in a backpack.  I worry about it constantly.  If it was a war horse
and showed signs of use, I'd worry a lot less.  But I've kept it perfect.
And I know one day I'm due to ding it up.

That being the case, I looked around for a Tamron 400/4.  I didn't want a
pretty one I'd be afraid to take with me on trails in the rain.  But I
wanted perfect glass.  I found an ugly one for a good price, sent it to
Tamron for a good tune up, and I've been extremely happy with it.  It also
weighs less than the Zuiko 350.  That should mean that my 350 is disposable
now.  But I lusted and saved for the Zuiko for so long, I'm having a hard
time preparing myself to let it go.  But I do think I will eventually sell
it to somebody who wants a perfect lens.

I'll let you know what my results are with the Tamron 2x on both lenses.
They're both going to get some use in two weeks when I go to the Corkscrew
Swamp Sanctuary for shots of baby woodstorks and whatever else catches my
eye.

Mark Jennings