[OM] Re: Inteligent OM adapter was Re: Sigma lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: Inteligent OM adapter was Re: Sigma lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:35:41 -0800
I think all these modern lenses are "chipped". I imagine that matching
the chip in the lens to the camera is a big deal so a single chip in
the the adaptor would have to detect the lens, focal length, aperture,
focus distance, etc. Don't think that is possible except maybe in
lenses that have their own chips that send that information and then
the adaptor would probably cost more than the appropriate body for the
lens.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA