[OM] Re: How many cameras? Tamron 80-200 f 2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: How many cameras? Tamron 80-200 f 2.8
From: Mark_Jennings@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:44:05 -0500
Angel,

I once owned and liked the Zuiko 50-250/5.  It's great range made it a good
choice when going into the field and it produced some very good images for
me, up to 20x24 inches.  The 85-250/5 that I have now is a smaller lens in
comparison, quite sharp, and it has a built-in tripod collar.  I like it
because of it's small size considering the range it offers.

But with both lenses, I sometimes found myself wishing for a brighter
minimum aperture.  I had always heard about the wonderful qualities of the
Tamron 80-200/2.8 and I finally found a nice used one at a good price.  I
love it.  It is sharp as a tack and zooms fast.  Built-in tripod collar,
rugged construction, great lens hood.  And its almost twice as fast as the
Zuikos.  It is however, bigger and heavier.  That is the drawback.  So I
keep a Zuiko for times when small size matters, but the Tamron is usually
my first choice.  It is very sharp!  Great for sports and wildlife.

Mark Jennings