[OM] Re: ( OM ) I wonder if they used Zuikos? Off-topic

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) I wonder if they used Zuikos? Off-topic
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:18:31 -0800
I agree one hundred percent. I thought lost in translation was the best
movie I have seen in a while and without Bill Murray's performance it
would not have been.  As for Sean Penn, I grudgingly admire his
performance like I did the one by Robert De Niro in Raging Bull, but
both of the characters were so unredeemably unlikable and the movies so
dreary that I did not much care. The best comment I heard by a reviewer
I like after I saw it was to warn people to take their prozac before
going into the theater, or maybe that was House of Sand and Fog.

Yeah, maybe I was too hard on the Lord of the Rings Trilogy films, but
if I want to revisit the story I think I will take the books from my
shelf and reread them. I really loved them the first time. And I really
hated the way that Frodo was turned into the wimpy, clinically
depressed, and angst ridden character in the film. I remembered him as
a pretty feisty little hobbit, not at all reluctant to draw his elven
sword and go on the attack. Sorry. Can't stop myself. :-)

But I did like many of the other characters a lot and the fairy glen
was magic. The New Zealand scenery was just stunning.

I reluctantly went to the Peter Pan movie a couple of months ago and
loved it. Surely the best one ever done that follows the story with the
lead played by a boy not a shouting, middle aged woman in drag. Second
childhood, I guess.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA