[OM] Re: OT - FedEx vs UPS

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - FedEx vs UPS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 14:53:49 -0800
The vast majority of the stuff I've bought off the 'Bay has come USPS
Priority and that's what I use so send stuff I sell. Cheap, quick,
reliable and I've never lost anything in either direction. Not that all
have been unmarked, but normally prudent packing has always worked.

Neither FedEx nor UPS competes with Priority Mail for me. They have 2
options, possibly slightly faster at great cost and way slower at no
saving. And they don't pick up without cost or a request.

I've taken to buying Priority postage off the USPS web site and letting
the mail carrier pick it up at home when dropping off my mail. NO trips
to the PO!!!!!!. You get free delivery confirmation :-) , but can't buy
insurance without going to tht PO :-( . Considering how difficult
(rules) and inconvenient (time) it is to collect on Postal insurance,
I've been self-insuring so far with no trouble. Not sure what I'll do
when I sell something really valuable.

Moose