[OM] Re: [OT] Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 question
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:35:52 -0500
On Monday March 1 2004 7:15 pm, you wrote:
> A question for the assembled Wise Ones:
>
> My Sprintscan 4000 uses a SCSI card in my tower PC to scan slides.  Can I
> use a USB-to-SCSI converter to get it to work with my laptop (which doesn't
> have SCSI, but has oodles of USB 2.0 ports)?  I'm thinking it's not
> possible, but what do I know?

I've tried to do the exact same thing using a USB1 to SCSi adaptor. It didn't
work, though I still have the adaptor. The problem was USB! was too slow. All
I ended up with was noise type things.  I ended up going to a PCMCIA adaptor
which worked great. USB2 I don't know about it working or not -Doug