[OM] Re: OT X-Mex food WAS....

Subject: [OM] Re: OT X-Mex food WAS....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:59:17 -0800
Yeah, Oaxaca's a wonderful place with wonderful food. The smallish
cattle that fed on local grasses had a very different and lovely flavor
from the US and N. Mexico. The Carne Asada Tampiqueno at the Hotel
Victoria was exquisite. That hotel was named after my son's great-great
grandmother. No more free rides there, the family recently sold the
Victoria. :-( .

I only have to go maybe 7-8 miles to get good hand made tortillas.
Better than most of the US, but still a little far for a casual trip.

Moose

moises.sanchez@xxxxxx wrote:

>Mike, I agree with you in Oaxaca food, and I am not born or live in
>Oaxaca.
>
>Its true that its hard to find hand made tortillas in the big cities

Even so, the tortillas fresh each morning from the local maquina a few
steps down the street in Mexico City were better than store bought here.