[OM] Re: OT - FedEx vs UPS

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - FedEx vs UPS
From: "Dick Lague" <rlague@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:27:00 -0800
I live in the country west of Los Angeles.  Lots of people work out of
there homes and they is a great deal of package activity from the
various companies.  He is what I have found.

In my area, delivery by UPS is superb.  Fed Ex is miserable.  DHL mixed.

Especially Fed EX green or ground delivery stinks.  I have had them say
that something was delivered at 11:06 PM only to have it delivered at
noon the next day.  A week later they reported that the address was
wrong and I filed an official complaint and they delivered it across the
street which cost me another day.  Last Friday I had something that was
on the truck all day [according to their tracking], and got delivered on
Saturday afternoon.  UPS would have had it here on Friday before noon.

I have had great luck SHIPPING overnight with FedEx and really trust
them in that direction for that service.  FedEx ground seems to have a
bunch of drivers who don't know the area, and don't know what they are
doing.

UPS has people who know the route and are very reliable.  DHL is very
mixed.  Couple of weeks ago they were supposed to deliver by 10:30 on a
Saturday and the package arrived at 3:00pm.  I had a video editing crew
waiting on the payroll from noon on for the package which was music CDs.