[OM] Re: Dog Photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Dog Photos
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:21:59 EST
Lots of great advice. Someone should mention the obvious- get low. Most times
the shots will look nicer from the dog's level. And make sure the background
is uncluttered and not distracting. better yet- make the background
unrecognizable. The pup should dominate the shot. It's too easy for something
like, say,
piano legs visible in the corner to distract and give you a sense of scale
that you don't want to get.
I'd also add that the hot dog bits are a great way to keep the pooch
interested and with an alert look in his eyes. You can substitute small broken
pieces
of dog biscuits. I don't know what's in those, but my dog shakes and salivates
whenever I just mention them. He'd do anything just to get one. Maybe they
should be analyzed to see if there's small amounts of cocaine or some other
addictive drug in there.

George S.