[OM] Re: OT - FedEx vs UPS

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - FedEx vs UPS
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:17:15 -0800
Common misconception, Garth. Los Angeles city center is some 12 miles
east of the coast. At the coast almost due west of LA is Santa Monica,
on a north/south trending section of coastline. Just north of the city
of Santa Monica the coast makes a left, and becomes almost entirely
east/west oriented for about 20-25 miles south of the Santa Monica
mountains along the Malibu coast. The coast runs northwesterly through
Port Hueneme, Ventura and Carpinteria, then runs almost due west again
from Santa Barbara to Point Concepcion.

In any event, at Ventura, you're only some 10 miles north of downtown
LA, but you're 60 miles west of it and there's a lot of much less
densely developed land along there.