[OM] Re: OM-1 meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 meter
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:46:55 +0100
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004, Mark Dapoz wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Nils Frohberg wrote:
>
> > just after posting the message i noticed that if i turn the ASA dial
> > towards  1600,  the  meter  moves.  it  gets  until  approx  1  stop
> > underexposure at "B" with my  current lighting situation (desk lamp)
> > and F1.8. i guess that means that the needle isn't stuck.
>
> Check the  meter ground (the  screw close  to the eyepiece),  that's a
> typical problem  area. A  simple test  to verify the  meter is  ok and
> properly grounded  is to desolder  the meter wire (usually  blue) from
> the circuit board and measure the  resistance between it and the case.
> It should be roughly 1.5K. -mark

hmm, up  to now, all  the screws i encountered  were very tight.  do you
maybe have an image/document showing this screw or describing the way to
access the circuit board? i have a  blue cable running from the ASA dial
to somewhere down in the body. but  it doesn't end on the little circuit
board that's connecting  the on/off switch. but thanks  already for that
info!

--nils