[OM] Re: M1

Subject: [OM] Re: M1
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:14:19 -0500
The meter position is controlled by several strings, one to the shutter
speed dial, one to the f stop coupling ring.  Sometimes the strings break or
come off the pullies. With a dead, non-working meter, it is normal for the
meter needle to move when you turn the shutter speed dial down to B and open
the lens up.  Often, at asa 100, B and f 1.8 will center the needle.  Of
course, this is not an accurate meter reading. ;-)
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714