[OM] Re: XA vs Rollei 35

Subject: [OM] Re: XA vs Rollei 35
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:56:09 -0800

>The Rollei is totally mechanical / manual as far as camera function goes,
>with an in-lens leaf shutter. Should go more or less for ever, with care..
>
>Brian

I picked up a couple of Rollei 35's in Panama at the same time i bought
my OM1 kit. i gave my sister the 35B and i don't know what happened to
it. Tthe made in Singapore 35 with S-Xenar 3.5/40 i gave to my dad. He
carried it around the N. Cascades for years and brought back some very
good photos. Unfortunately we found out you can't keep bouncing it off
rocks all the time :>(  Focusing was never a problem. Biggest problem
was operating it with gloves on. I don't think lens quality is a issue
with either a Rolei35 or XA. Considering the general usage of this type
of camera the limiting factor is steadiness of hand.

Mike