[OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:13:49 -0500
A poster on the Olympus SLR forum posted this purported response from
Oly America re the MA-1 adapter in the US.
------------------------------------
Dear Ronn,

Thank you for your e-mail.

There is an adapter available for using OM lenses on an E-1 camera.
Olympus America does not manufacture or support the unit, however we
will be giving it away free of charge to any registered E-1 owner who is
interested in using the unit.
Olympus America does not recommend using OM lenses on the E-1 camera
because there may be a considerable amount of image loss due to the fact
that the OM lenses are not designed to be used on the E-1 camera.

Regards,

E-1 Digital Technical Support
Olympus America Inc.

I have sent my own email to Oly America re the MA-1.  I will advise the
list of any response I get.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA