[OM] Re: series 1 19-35/3.5-4.5

Subject: [OM] Re: series 1 19-35/3.5-4.5
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:59:18 -0000
Gord, your generosity is truly boundless (though I have a feeling, a warm
wet feeling, that I know what *my* gift would be).  But you should slow down
there, and here is why:

Problem is that gifts are dutiable too (except that the 'de minimis' limit
is doubled to c. US$60 compared to merchandise).  As I have been known to
mention to similarly generous countrymen of yours, being extra generous to
the tune of $10 and sending a $70 gift could end up costing the recipient
$15 (20% of $70).

But thanks for the kind thought!

Piers