[OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor
From: "jamesfc@xxxxxxx" <jamesfc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:13:33 -0500
They are actually referring to an uncompressed TIFF image from a raw file.
I did a rough calculation that the E-1 would produced an uncompressed file
around 13.5 MB (my E-10 produces a file around 12 MB).  I'm figuring a 5.5
MP CCD (or CMOS) would probably be the lowest I could go (a Foveon based
camera excepted).  The N*k*n and C*n*n cameras in the same class as the E-1
are over 6 MP.

If my calculations are incorrect, or lacking - please advise!    I know
there are other factors to consider, and since this is going to be such an
expensive upgrade, I really want to get my head around this whole digital
mess.  I began shooting all my E-10 images in raw format a short time ago
and with Photoshop CS, the image quality (which was good anyway) has
improved by a significant amount.  I find that the raw format actually
contains a wider density range although the highlights can clip quite
suddenly (not unlike slide film).

Unfortunately, without interpolation, the TIFF files come in about 5 MB too
small, although many of my images from the E-10 have been accepted by this
agency in the past.

Jim Caldwell