[OM] Re: [OT] New scanner, Epson 4870

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] New scanner, Epson 4870
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 21:12:34 +0000
Epson smart panel is pretty unreliable on my Mac as well.  It keeps
wanting to start Classic now, and I cannot find a setting to change it
to the OSX version.

Why not try Vuescan for scanning?  It took me a little while, but I am
completely sold on this software now.  It is shareware by Ed Hamrick
and he will answer any email about his programme, see www.hamrick.com.
Vuescan will support any facility on your scanner that is available.

Chris

On 3 Mar 2004, at 12:58, Johan Malmström wrote:

> Some first impressions with my new scanner.
>
> + Love the hardware and resulting images. I have mostly scanned negs
> and
> positives.
>
> - Damn is the software buggy. Epson Smart panel crashes all the time.
> Useless. (on Mac OS 10.3)
>
> + Inside photoshop: Batch scanning working well.
>
> / Johan
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.