[OM] Re: [OM][OT] 8 inch floppies

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM][OT] 8 inch floppies
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 07:47:50 -0500
Hmmm.  My memory is apparently not so good.  (big surprise, eh?).  I was
just digging around and discovered that the IBM PC/XT (model 5160)
announced in March 1983 offered support for (optional) 3-1/2" 720 KB
floppy drives.  They've been around longer than I remember but since the
PC/XT in pretty basic form would cost about $7,000 list probably nobody
ordered the optional floppies :-)

Chuck Norcutt