[OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E1 adaptor
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:12:57 -0800
Way back when I was told by a number of audio enthusiasts (audiophiles of a
sort) that for the money BA produced some _very_ good speakers. I only
listened to them only briefly one or two times a numbers of years back,
couldn't even say how long, under conditions somewhat hopeless, however,
for serious appraisal. IF I recall the problem I thought I heard at the
time was a lack of real lower end, but like I say the demonstration was
somewhat farcical.

I do own a computer surround system for my computer from Cambridge
SoundWorks and like it for what it is--the sound is more than okay but
hardly "good."

If I had to buy another speaker system for all-round use today I'd probably
get the Bose 901 Series VI and be satisfied with that. Even so, though,
I've been threatening for ten years or more to have my Advents re-coned. My
only problem with that is I don't own components that could push those
speakers to their actual potential, whatever that might be.

Anyone here ever listen seriously to B&W speakers? I did once and was
impressed. Not quite as impressed as I was with what came out of those tiny
Rogers boxes 25 years ago, but impressed nevertheless.

An interest in audio is an interest in something expensive. I'm relatively
poor, and after my wife and I retire (soon) I'll be poorer still. How much
does a used Walkman go for today?

Tris