[OM] Re: OT Speaker and hi-fi bragging

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Speaker and hi-fi bragging
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:58:10 -0800 (PST)
>At age 18 I could hear just fine up to 21KHz...

Believe it or not, I'm 38 (gulp) and can still hear just short
of 21 kHz.  However, since age 4, I've only had 70% hearing.
Oh, and two narrow notches caused by a couple way-too-loud rock
concerts and mix sessions.

Having spent too much time in studios, I have my preferences in
amplifiers and speakers.  However, the best quality speakers are
wasted in a poor acoustic environment.

I agree with a previous poster.  Stop your hacking, but I happen
to really like the Bose 901s in a room designed for them. Best
imaging I've ever encountered.  I stayed overnight in the home
of one of Bose engineers back in the mid-'80s and learned just
how they were intended to be setup.

I personally don't like Advents.  I find them too brittle in the
1kHz-3kHz range.  Too each his/her own.

Genelecs are always a good choice.  Built in amplifier too.

AG-Ears