[OM] Re: Frozen OM2SP?

Subject: [OM] Re: Frozen OM2SP?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:11:34 -0500
Too much grease, thickening of grease on the latches next to the battery box
in the 2S, 3, 3Ti, 4, 4T, 4Ti.  The latches should be snappy and completely
bone dry, so as the wind stack comes around after a complete wind cycle,
they snap into the stop hole and prevent a second partial wind cycle.  The
first wind gear catches the second gear at the wrong start point,, as you
continued to wind, they get to a point where they can't turn anymore.
Bingo, wind mech jammed.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.