[OM] Re: OT Speaker and hi-fi bragging (ultrasonic hearing)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Speaker and hi-fi bragging (ultrasonic hearing)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:43:50 -0500
I don't know what my actual hearing limit was.  I stated 21 KHz since
that's all I was tested to.  I think the assumed upper limit (or at
least the 90-something-th percentile) must be 22 KHz since that appears
to be the design point for CD's which I know are sampled at 44 KHz.  No
doubt some can hear higher... or at least used to be able to do so.

Chuck Norcutt

Joe Gwinn wrote:
> In my youth, I could hear at least to 26 KHz, but I sensed
  it as a pressure rather than hearing it as a tone.  So could
  at least one girlfriend.  We were all in our twenties.