[OM] The Loudspeaker OT

Subject: [OM] The Loudspeaker OT
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:12:37 -0800
Just to correct some of my mistatements or omissions. The designer of
the original Snells was Kevin Voecks.  The fade away of Snell I
referred to must have been my active interest in audio. Snell is still
around and apparently doing fine. Interestingly Snell was among the
first to use the revolutionary Canadian testing facility which
revolutionized loudspeaker design.. Voecks went to Revel where he
continues to push the envelope. There is an interesting interview and
discussion of their design goals here:

http://www.soundstage.com/yfiles/yfiles200104.htm

Followed by the interview with a disagreeing point of view from the
designer at Thiel:

http://www.soundstage.com/yfiles/yfiles200107.htm

Winsor
Long Beach, California