[OM] Re: The Loudspeaker OT

Subject: [OM] Re: The Loudspeaker OT
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:48:01 -0800
At 11:25 PM 3/6/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>My point to all this?  I'm not so sure there is a point. :)  I guess I just
>feel that there is more manipulation, half truths and nonsense in the
>marketing of most high end audio gear than you would ever find at your local
>used or new car lot.  If you really want the "perfect sound", I feel you
>would have a better chance of finding it by purchasing a couple of tickets
>(for you and a loved one) several times a year for seats in the "sweet spot"
>of a well designed concert hall.

That would represent a reference, a live-sound authority, and a couple
times a week would not be too often if you ever hoped to "remember" what
you'd heard there.

Everything we hear is colored (distorted) to a degree, lesser or greater.
It boils down to what one likes and wants to hear, or rather for some what
they _expected_ to hear as opposed to what they think they actually heard
with respect to their judgment of that sound afterward.

It's a tricky field yet straightforward in its own way. You're right about
the BS, though.

Tris