[OM] A little chuckle and signing off for a little while

Subject: [OM] A little chuckle and signing off for a little while
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 21:53:21 EST
At the end of the week I be heading to Savannah for a long weekend with my
bride as we celebrate out 15th wedding anniversary. The week end will be
followed by a workshop sponsored by Rocky Mountain School of Photography where
we
will visit Sapelo Island for a few days and then back to Savannah to finish out
the week.  I'm really looking forward to spending a week learning and burning
(film).  Given that I'll be gone for about 10 days, I'll be signing off the
list next Friday.

To avoid the hassles with airport security & the dreaded x-ray machines I had
B&H ship 26 rolls of film to my first stop.  Sunday night I thought might be
a good time to sort out my kit and figure what goes and what stays.  Figured
I'd get the check list out that RMSP had sent and make sure I had the things on
their suggested list.  The first thing on the list was, camera and all your
lenses.  Hmmm, wonder if that means only one body? Given that I am a mini-Tom
Scales, I either need to ignore this instruction or recruit a couple of list
members to serve as my Sherpas on this expedition.  Any volunteers?  Lets see,
can carry two carry-ons as I am a photographer.  That is correct these days,
isn't it?  So what I know will go is 3 OM 2S bodies, Tamron 400mm f4, 180mm
f2.5, Zuiko 35-105mm zoom, some macro gear, some wide stuff and probably two
tripods.  My current go-to tripod is a Gitzo Explorer with the small Kirk ball
head and although I love this rig, it really doesn't do well with the 400mm
which I plan to use, because there should be plenty of alligators and birds on
the
island.  I'll fill the list in on the details of the workshop when I return.
For those of you how read the discussion of goals at the end of last year and
the beginning of this year, this workshop is half of my goal to attend two
such programs this year.  The class I had as a goal to teach this year had the
last of its 5 sessions this past Thursday, so things keep getting ticked off
the list.  That class has generated a conversation about repeating it and also
of possibly offering it through the local community association as a summer
program at their facilities.

For my friends on the other side of the pond with whom I took a little stroll
along the banks of the River Thames this past summer, you might be interested
to know that two of the images I made that day are hanging in a month long
exhibit at Stages, a local live theater.  They are part of a group of 4 B&W
images I am showing along with about 100+ other images being shown by the
Houston
Photographic Society.  It is a very nice exhibit and I am pleased that is one
of the benefits of affiliating with this local club.

That it for tonight and I'll be signing off at the end of the week.  Bill
Barber