[OM] [OT] Engineering, acoustical, electronic & otherwise.

Subject: [OM] [OT] Engineering, acoustical, electronic & otherwise.
From: Ian Nichols <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:59:41 -0000

--On 05 March 2004 23:42 -0800 Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Bose 901s are not perfect loudspeaker systems. And I have more news: no
> other speaker system is perfect, either. _All_ loudspeakers represent
> compromises, that's a given, and here's a second given: you could do a
> whole lot worse than to own a pair of 901s.

Here's a third given:  If an engineer tells you that something was
engineered without compromise, tell them you want to talk to a real
engineer, not a marketing spokesperson.  I'd go so far as to suggest that a
good working definition of engineering would be "the art of making the best
compromises".  Even allowing costs to rise without limit is a compromise.